Subject: [Leica] OT: Max Mosley
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Jun 23 17:22:18 2005

At 02:14 PM 6/23/05 -0700, Colin J wrote:

>Max Mosley is most certainly a "Mosley" Mosley.
>His father was Sir Oswald Mosley, leader of the
>British fascists in the 1930s and a close
>confidant of Adolf Hitler.

It is quitte a stretch to suggest that Sir Oswald Mosley was a "close
confidant" of Hitler.  I am not certain that they ever met and their
communications were limited to such earth-shaking pronouncements as a
sharing of birthday greetings and the like.  Hitler held the BUF, the Irish
Blue Shirts, and the French Action Francese (sp?) in utmost contempt and
refused to give them any serious assistance.  In his view, if they wanted
power, they should seize power on their own resources, and he'd be damned
if he'd do much more than be polite to such groups.

Now one of the Mitford Girls WAS close to Hitler, to the point that she
attempted suicide in Munich when the UK declared war on Germany.  Hitler
went to extraordinary lengths to get her returned to the UK in the middle
of a war.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505

Replies: Reply from leowesson at charter.net (leo) ([Leica] flash cards)
Reply from tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton) ([Leica] OT: Max Mosley)