Subject: [Leica] Leica discontinuing chrome M lenses
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Jun 22 20:53:22 2005

Vick Ko wrote:

> Hmmm.  Turnaround expert is not necessarily good for the soul of the
> company.  Good for investors and the banks maybe.

Bankrupcy is even worse for the soul of the company. A manager brought
in to turn a company around will typically cut costs, rationalize the
product portfolio, streamline business processes and stabilize the
financial performance--those are all things urgently needed at Leica.
Once that is achieved, the company can look at more long-term strategic
choices. But if it is insolvent, then there are precious few choices. I
know all about it, the company I work for is going through something
similar.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman