Subject: [Leica] Spiratone Stabilizer Processor
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu Jun 23 05:17:57 2005

I used one for years making halftones for our newspaper. We went
straight from neg to halftone using enlarger. Ah, the smelly old days.

I also used it for contact sheets. Ilford's Multigrade RC paper and
Kodak Stabilization chemicals. I found a tendency to have uneven tone
unless chemicals were very fresh. Contrast also tended to be pretty
low. Followed with standard Rapid Fix and wash routine.

I also used Kodak's stabilization processor. It held much more
chemistry and was much more expensive. I found it less reliable and
needing more maintenance.

IMO - Suitable for some quick prints and contacts, but not high grade
prints.

Ric Carter
Garner, NC
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies