Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 30, Issue 66
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Fri Jun 24 02:20:12 2005

>Kind of a over used chant on the LUG.
>
>I guess Mad Dog 20/20 or Night Train will give you a buzz along the lines
>of a good French or California wine. When you already own both why drink
>from a >brown paper bag?
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg

Hi Greg

I see. I understand your point as my cellar  is well furnished with
"Premi?r grand clu class?" bottles of wine from Bordeaux and other parts
of France. Sorry but up to the moment none from California, Argentina or
South Africa. But I do not drink everyday a Chateau Petrus in the same
way that I do not shoot everyday with my Leicas. In fact in the last
month I've shot everything  with a digital of $900 while the DSLR of $
8000 is resting. And I abandoned using R lenses with adapters by my
laziness and my personal difficulties for acurated focusing. My
pictures? I don't see they're much worse but with some less resolution
and if the lenses are worse than the Leica, that they are, is not up to
the moment of printing giant pictures that I see it.

Regards

Felix
"El que calla, otorga..."