Subject: [Leica] Out of Ideas now: a bet
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 24 03:49:32 2005

You said that you don't really like shooting people, so street photography
holds no appeal.

I think you may be missing out on one of the greatest opportunities to whet
your photography.   Photography is the street doesn't mean being a  sniper.
It also should not mean gathering evidence that some people have a  crappy
life.

I don't know where you live, but I live in a little town where hardly
anything ever happens, (if you ask my kids,) yet I've been able to sustain
picture a week project for four years.

Precious little of my work is traditional street photography; it is mostly
just slices of life,  Sometimes a cat, sometimes a flower.  Mostly, I  carry
camera all the time, and when I see  light acting nice, I take a  picture.

Your problem may be that you are running out of postcards to shoot.   There
are still dogs, and guys working on bulldozers, and people at  carnivals.  I
cannot see how anyone can run out of anything to shoot.

Last night, I dreamt I was walking through a old warehouse.  I don't
remember why, but I do recall this part of my dream; I had forgotten my
camera,  and
was mourning that I was missing some great shafts of light on the old  stuff.

Resolve today; Don't be seen without your camera.  Take it everywhere  until

the point arrives that if you do not have it, you feel naked.   Do this for
two months, and then post again. I'll bet you $20 US dollars that  you will
have changed.  This is a serious wager.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches,  Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?,  crawfish

In a message dated 6/24/2005 2:17:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,