Subject: [Leica] Bring Out the Negative Scanner
From: khagler at orange-road.com (Ken Hagler)
Date: Fri Jun 24 15:30:04 2005

on 6/24/2005 3:16 PM, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> Which reopens a question: why doesn't one of the major camera outfits
> market
> a high quality yet reasonable 35mm negative scanner? Kodak and Fuji and
> Leica
> should be in the lead. Nikon and Polaroid featured film scanners a few
> years
> ago, but the market seemed to have lost its drive. That may be due to the
> low
> cost transfer of negatives to CD positives now.

As you noted, Nikon does produce film scanners (mine is a Nikon). I believe
Canon does as well. I don't think the market has lost its drive, it's just
that the market for film scanners has always been relatively small and
specialized.
--
                              Ken Hagler

|         Skype: khagler          |   For PGP key send mail with  |
|   http://www.orange-road.com/   |    subject "Send PGP Key".    |
|   And tho' we are not now that strength which in old days       |
|   Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are --Tennyson  |

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Bring Out the Negative Scanner)