Subject: [Leica] new Puts article
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Jun 25 16:32:27 2005

Steve, I make no bones of the fact that I am weak on the technical stuff -
start talking circles of confusion and I circle the wagons - but I do
believe I am correct on this. Further, you've raised I point I admit I've
yet to understand - and that's the question of the "crop" and the need to
"enlarge" it. It doesn't seem that you're "enlarging" it - WYSIWYG, no?
Mount a 50 on a camera with a 1.5 crop factor, and the image you get appears
the same as though shot with a 75 on a full frame. Or, put an 85 on a 2 1/4
and don't you get a "reduction" equivalent to a 50 on a 35?