Subject: [Leica] new Puts article
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Jun 25 12:07:59 2005

Nope. The depth of field is indeed independent of the crop - it's the same
as the "real" focal length of the lens. But that means that when you shoot
with a 35 mm lens with a 1.5 crop factor, you are getting an image that
looks like you shot it with a 52 mm lens, but with the depth of field of a
35. So your 50 1.4 becomes a 75 1.4, but with the depth of field of a 50 1.4
- which actually is probably an advantage in that case. :-)