Subject: [Leica] Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 + software?
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Sun Jun 26 12:14:42 2005

I've used Silverfast in the past and wasn't exactly thrilled with it.
It was expensive and the results weren't all that great.I think
Vuescan (www.hamrick.com) is much better and far cheaper. The Minolta
software which comes with the scanner isn't bad either.

feli

On Jun 26, 2005, at 12:01 PM, Luis Ripoll wrote:

> Hi all!,
>
> I have see in B&H the Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 at 569,95$.
> Upon last
> LFI this one was very well classified, and indicate an European
> price of 900
> Euro.
>
> But I was surprised when the salesman of B&H recommended me the
> software
> "Laserfot Silverfast Imaging", priced at 189,95$.
>
> LASERSOFT SILVERFAST IMAGING
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
> O=productlist&A=details&Q=&s
> ku=387646&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
>
> MINOLTA DIMAGE SCAN ELITE 5400 II
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
> O=productlist&A=details&Q=&s
> ku=371146&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
>
> Can anyone give me information if this software is need or if it is
> included
> in the European version?, both things with taxes are 823$....
>
> Thanks for any opinion or information
>
> Saludos cordiales,
> Luis

feli2@earthlink.net                 2 + 2 = 4