Subject: [Leica] OT Pentax DSLR
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Tue Jun 28 10:08:03 2005

Hi Ernie:

I'm more than happy with my Pentax *isDS. It's light, easy to use in all
modes and its 6mp produce great prints up to 11x14.  I haven't tried
anything larger but think that larger prints will still look good.

I can use my old Pentax screw mount lenses with the K-mount adapter and
get aperture priority and manual exposure and manual focus. The
Manual-Auto sliding switch on Spotmatic era lenses is very useful for
focusing.

The brightness of my R8 and isDS viewfinders are the same except that
that of the R8 is cool and the isDS is warm. It's as easy to focus as is
the R8 and is brighter than Nikon and Canon offerings.

The isDS is a year newer and substantially less expensive at around
$700.00, than is the isD which is a bit bigger.

I shot these with the isDS and some AF lenses in February. I like the
first shot a lot, it prints beautifully at 11x14.
http://www.hemenway.com/P-isDS/

Nubble Island:
http://hemenway.com/Nubble-Feb23/

Here's some taken with with the AF 14mm a couple of months ago, similar
to using a 21mm on a 35mm film camera:
http://www.hemenway.com/14mm/index.htm

http://www.hemenway.com/Paxton-isDS/index.htm

I still want to eventually get the DMR but the isDS is fine in the
meantime and is a lot less expensive.

Jim