Subject: [Leica] Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 + software?
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Tue Jun 28 17:55:45 2005

Hi Victor,

I'm used to be with the appearance of the chemicals works rather than
digital. On the other side and for my personal taste I prefer the
unmanipulated prints, well I understand for manipulate give a unreal
appearance, i.e. Ansel Adams B&W prints they have a lot of work and
manipulation but on other sense, for me they are unmanipulated. Everyone has
his personal taste and it is always interesting know all points of vue,
maybe this will conducts us to a philosophical question:

WHAT IS BEAUTY.

We have a personal education on determinate values that gives us the notion
of what is esthetical and what not, we can appreciate more easy and more
beauty for our education the Beethoven's music than the Oriental one. What
would be happen if Digital was invented previously as chemical?, or Colour
as B&W?, I think that it is very probably that our appreciation and
perspective would be different on these cases, as it will be the new
generation with photography.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis