Subject: [Leica] where oh where is the DMR?
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Jun 29 03:06:30 2005

20% sounds like a _lot_. That's what we were marking things up with
when I worked at a camera store in St. Louis (Jerfferson Camera Shop)
in the seventies. I have a feeling the profit margin isn't as much
now-a-days, but who knows.

20% isn't much at all if you have to tie up money in inventory for a
long time. You need to have an M7 in stock when the customer comes,
but the customers don't come in every day, so the turn-over is slow.
You can lose your 20% margin in a hurry. If the profit margin is even
less than 20% ... well, you better start looking for another business
to run or a way to keep things just touching down on the shelves
over-night.

Daniel