Subject: [Leica] Now MF, was where oh where is the DMR now Canon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jul 1 14:09:46 2005

On 7/1/05 7:24 AM, "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com> typed:

> Scott:
>
> You might take a look at a Rollei 6x6 SLR.  The metering system is the
> best that I've ever used, that of my R8 is second best.
>
> Here's some using various lenses. The first two are not with the Rollei
> 6008i but the rest are.
> http://www.hemenway.com/DarkDayAcadia/

> Jim

I went out shooting in a terrarium with a acquaintance of mine last year
(who's a bit on the renown side) and he shot his Rollei 6x6 SLR. The one
with the built in bellows.
He had gone up and down the northwest coast with Bret Weston both shooting
with this camera when it first came out.
Bret Weston went to this camera and I don't believe he moved on to others
afterward.
Impressive for a guy who once ran up and down the streets of NYC with an
11x14 view camera over his shoulder.

But you can relate with that Jim!

Mark Rabiner
Photography