Subject: [Leica] Now MF, was where oh where is the DMR now Canon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jul 1 17:01:27 2005

On 7/1/05 3:15 PM, "Scott McLoughlin" <scott@adrenaline.com> typed:

> Oh, is that the SL66?  I've researched that one a bit and it looks
> like a really great camera.

A real classic.
The 6000 series you don't want IMO.
But an SL66 is much different with the built in bellows and are much more
elegant.
Elegances as in the opposite of the amazingly high tech complexities which
never work of the 6000 series. These cameras reputedly just never work and
you cant get them fixed. Other than that, great. Not that I don't wish that
they would with that option of using Schneider lenses. The 90 macro in
particular. And there is a 180 f2.8 for the super fashion photographer of
all time.

Read this and weep
http://www.sl66.com/slx/PQ_lenses_datachart.

Looks like threes a
Super-Angulon 3,5-22/ 40mm PQ

With all respects to your cousin Elmarit, dog whatever: when it comes to
wide angle pie in the sky what I want perfection. Give me a super Angulon
any day.

Theses people are not into the Sl66 but seem to be into the SX.
A camera which always fascinated me.

I'm going to check it out right now.

Oh here's the sl66 its hard to find on the site
http://www.sl66.com/welcome.htm

But you'd figure with "sl66" in the URL they'd have the camera in there some
where.

Gee they are Gorgeous!
http://www.sl66.com/welcome.htm
And there is a lens list.

I think I'll start an sl66 users group and only allow me to be the only one
who doesn't have one in it.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon