Subject: [Leica] Now MF, was where oh where is the DMR now Canon
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Fri Jul 1 19:18:52 2005

Mark:

I humbly disagree with you.  ;-)

I have two 6000 series Rolleis, the 6008i and the 6008Pro.  Have never
had any problems with them, EVER. They work perfectly, and as I posted
before, have the best metering system that I've ever encountered. Never
had any sort of trouble with my 6006 either... but I traded it for the R
80-200 when I got the first 6008.

On the other hand, and even though they are good looking, the SL66
models are wearing out and it is difficult to have them repaired.

I only have one Zeiss for the 6008, the F-Distagon 30mm.  The rest are
all Schneider... SA 40mm, Xenotar 80mm, APO-Symmar 90mm macro, and the
Tele-Xenar 180mm. I find them all to be great lenses which match the
best qualities of my Leica R lenses.

Some examples:
http://www.hemenway.com/PlymouthDuxbury/index.htm
http://www.hemenway.com/Monadnock/index.htm
http://www.hemenway.com/Scans_of_6x6

Most recent:
http://www.hemenway.com/Paxton-Rollei/index.htm

I've never used a Hassleblad except for handling one in a store, so I
can't comment on them except to say that I like the feel of a Rollei SLR
better.  :-)

Jim

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Now MF, was where oh where is the DMR now Canon)