Subject: [Leica] Speaking of medium format, I've picked up a 1954 Rolleicord...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jul 1 23:16:28 2005

On 7/1/05 10:50 PM, "Nathan Wajsman" <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl> typed:

> Don,
>
> The Maxwell screens are amazing, and I am pretty sure that Bill will
> install it for you--I think that is far preferable to messing with it
> yourself. He is more or less local for you, isn't he?
>
> I had one installed in my Rolleiflex, the difference it made was dramatic.
>
> Nathan

Harry put a Maxwell into my Rolleiflex last year with the CLA I was just
raving about.
Worth it to put it mildly.
A modern Rollei screen may not be that much worse. Say a half a stop darker
I had a GX side to side with mine.
But to an old screen forget it.
Like an Acumat to on old Hassy screen.
Like being about to see through your camera for the first time.

This is not an exaggeration.
Warning.

Mark Rabiner
Photography