Subject: [Leica] Speaking of medium format, I've picked up a 1954Rolleicord...
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Jul 2 04:21:41 2005

Mark Rabiner wrote:
> Harry put a Maxwell into my Rolleiflex last year with
> the CLA I was just raving about.
> Worth it to put it mildly.
> A modern Rollei screen may not be that much worse. Say a
> half a stop darker I had a GX side to side with mine.
> But to an old screen forget it.
> Like an Acumat to on old Hassy screen.
> Like being about to see through your camera for the
> first time.
> This is not an exaggeration.

The Maxwell screen is very good, but does not deserve
all the public adulation in my opinion.  For example
the GX screen is brighter and also much easier to focus
with.  So is the Hasselblad Acumat D screen, or for
that matter, the Mamiya RZ standard screen.

Personally, I think the Maxwell screen, while very good,
is quite pricey.  I have it on a Rolleicord V, but decided
it's not worth it fot my 2.8F.  I am looking into buying
a Mamiya screen and have it cut down to fit.

I suppose these matters are quite subjective.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Speaking of medium format, I've picked up a 1954Rolleicord...)