Subject: [Leica] Single Malt drinking recommendations
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Sat Jul 2 05:42:21 2005

schroter@optonline.net wrote:

> I've a 30 yr Glenfiddich single malt to drink.  What's the best
> practice for drinking it? Straight, drop some ice in the scotch or
> pouring over ice?
> AGS
> :)

The amount of water one should add depends on the scotch. Barrel
proof scotches are generally diluted with a moderate amount of water
(as well as supplemented with caramel color) before being bottled for
consumption. It is common practice to add either a dash of water or a
small ice cube to a glass before drinking to "release the aroma".
Poured over ice is a fairly brutal maneuver for a 30 yo :-!

You ought to experiment by drinking straight, and then adding small
amounts of water/ice to see what you like the best.

Jonathan