Subject: [Leica] Speaking of Leica ... :-) (400TX and Elmar)
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Jul 4 12:24:25 2005

I've never been able to accept that I couldn't get the "new" 400TX to
work for me like I could the old one from two or three years ago. So
now and then I buy 10 rolls or so and give it a try again. Most of the
time I've ended up giving the remainder away after failing for a few
rolls.

I got a question on another list about how 400tx compares to HP5+. So
I tried again.

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/05v27-0002.jpg

M2, 50/2.8 Elmar (old), 1/60 @ 4.0, HC110 dil B, 5 1/2 minutes at 68 degrees

It was the shot of Ewa in the restaurant that brought on the question.
I posted it yesterday, but put it here for easy reference. Both shots
are with window lighting.

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/26alt1.html

I could probably make friends with 400TX again. Don't know if I will.
HP5+ handles easier for me in a variety of conditions, but 400TX feels
better. I felt like a failed photographer if I couldn't get decent
results with a well known and reliable film.

Best,
Daniel

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Speaking of Leica ... :-) (400TX and Elmar))
Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (feli) ([Leica] Speaking of Leica ... :-) (400TX and Elmar))