Subject: [Leica] new Puts article
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Tue Jul 5 07:23:40 2005

<moderate snip>
> BUT
> Isn't there something where because of the small flange distance or
whatever
> you can put a Leica M lens on it?!

Oly made several adaptors for other companies'enses including a RARE Leica
LTM adaptor.  However, it wouldn't focus to infinity because, I think, the
Pen F flange to film distance was 1 or 2 mm further than Leica.  There was
also the floppy, sideways mirror to clash with anything protruding the
slightest from the rear of the lens.

> I'll have to land that 38 macro. My other Olympus Pen f glass is amazingly
bad.

I agree. If you can't find one, let me know off list and I'll send you mine
to try and you can return it in SF.

JB