Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question on Backup External Hard Drives
From: rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure)
Date: Tue Jul 5 16:30:05 2005

Hello,

Here's a question for your computer techies out there.  I recently
acquired a large-capacity Seagate external hard drive and back up my
entire Mac iBook G4 hard drive every few days.  However, the hard drive
on the Mac is over half full and is really sluggish when using iPhoto
(more than 4,000 images).  I'd like to delete the albums on iPhoto and
keep my entire collection on the Seagate.  I can't figure out how to do
this as I'm afraid that the external drive will mirror my deletion of
the internal Mac drive the next time I do a back up.  The,
instructions which came with the Seagate were totally inadequate in
this regard.  Thanks!

Regards,

Rob McClure
Upper Sandusky, OH