Subject: [Leica] More on the DMR
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Jul 6 10:14:15 2005

I hate to break  bubbles.....   Jpeg algorithms have smoothing algorithms
built into them.  If you want to see what the camera is doing, get a full
unadulterated, uncompressed image and view it on a high res monitor with
full resolution, no decimation.  Less than that gives possible wrong
conclusions.

Maybe Bill would be willing to send the big uncompressed image to interested
parties by email?

( Note, I am not asking for myself.  Remember, I am the film-only guy.)

Frank Filippone

Replies: Reply from bill at photobynelsch.com (Bill) ([Leica] More on the DMR)
Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (feli) ([Leica] More on the DMR)