Subject: [Leica] just souped...
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Jul 6 15:01:04 2005

Mark:

>To me it could be that BATCH of Acros, the emulsion number having no
>problem.

All the rolls this time were from the same batch.  But I had the same
problems last summer with Acros, too.  Had the same problem when I tried SS.

I'm almost tempted to check out the Ilford and Kodak slow speed offerings
just to see if I have better luck with them.

>And check the inside of your metal tanks there could be stuff in there.
>You could use the Kodak cleaning stuff you soak your reels and tanks in.

What's that called?  Maybe I should try that as a first step.

I currently just use Solution A of the Kodak cube, too.  I'm getting ready
to order new fixer.  Thought I'd try Photoformulary's this time.  Mainly
because I can't fnid Kodak's cube where I live, and I'd have to pay more for
shipping than for the actual fix.

When I look at the grain-free prints that I make with Acros, it makes up for
the time I have to spend in Photoshop removing the little spots.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] just souped...)