Subject: [Leica] just souped...
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Jul 6 14:56:36 2005

Don:

>I have minimised them
>by using 100 distilled water for processing.  I think next batch I
>will use a touch of wetting agent in the pre development water bath

I use distilled water with little photoflo for the final rinse.

When you say you use distilled water for processing, do you mean for every
step?

For me, that would be a liter for the pre-wash.  Another liter (well, 750ml)
for the developer.  Another 3 liters to wash out the developer.  A gallon
for my two half-gallon fixes (which would be reused.)  Another 3 liters
between the fixes.  4 liters for wash if I wanted to be really water
conservative.  That's about 3 gallons of water for each development cycle.
Guess I could try it once to see if it does any good.

If I cut out the 2 fixes, and mix up a liter of fix which I'd use one-shot,
then I'd get that down to 2 gallons.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/