Subject: [Leica] #210-----UK panthers, lions
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu Jul 7 20:19:16 2005

About a year ago I saw a few digi-snaps made by a member of a cougar-hunting
party in Arizona.  The hunting party of a few humans included hounds and
mules (for the hunters to ride).  Unfortunately for the lion one of the
mules - fully tacked w/ saddle, saddle bags, bridle -  caught up with the
cat first.  The mule picked the cougar up by the tail, thrashed it around a
bit, slammed the cat down then stomped it to death.  In the background you
can see the hounds staying well clear of the mule.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] #210-----UK panthers, lions)