Subject: [Leica] Jazz at the Met
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sat Jul 9 17:02:22 2005

Phillipe wrote:
"Is this right out of the camera, Victor? A crop? Some PS on it?
It's very nice, special even, as most of your shots. (Even though I'm not
particulary fond of your dodging/burning technique)"

As with all my images- it is heavily PS. The original image in colour
was about 1/3 larger. It was converted, cropped, adjusted as to
contrast, in all, it was made into what I had originally envisioned.
As you know, there are times when I see a paticular scene, I try to
previsualize what I want to achieve and Photoshop it until I get
there. With repect to the Metropolitan, they usually have classical
music of the chamber variety which never lent itself to a photo from
that angle, although I have been there countless times.The Bass and
Piano, however, created the image for me. I never use a camera screen
on digital work. I am strictly and optical viewfinder man- I try to
remain true to my Leica rangefinder roots. As I have said in the past
and will undoubtedly say again, my life in photography was formed in
the darkroom. I rarely printed a photo "right out of the camera". My
soul was always in Dektol under the EL Nikkor lens. Phillipe I am
grateful  for your comments- vroger

http://www.leica-gallery.net/vroger/image-85470.html