Subject: [Leica] More comments: how do you use your images
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Tue Jul 12 06:01:54 2005

Dear All:
Since I get these digests and am unable to get to them as soon as they
come in, this note may be somewhat late. My very first pictures were
taken with my father's "Baby Brownie" camera, which I still have, when
I was very young, shortly after we came to the USA from the UK. I have
taken images constantly since then, I started out as a commercial
photographer way back when; could not keep body and soul together;
worked at a very lage camera store in New York (Willoughby's - when
there really was a Willoughby's - not just a name), and finally left
the profession. I continued to practice it as an avocation. I have
collected cameras for years, from Practinas (embossed "made in Germany
USSR occupied" to Cosina Voigtlander- with Leicas in between. Today I
shoot digital. I have stated on the list that I consider cameras, be
they film or digital, just a conduit leading to the darkroom. My
darkroom these days consists of Photoshop and an inkjet printer. I
make prints 81/2 X11, generally- and have the opportunity for much
larger prints through the college in which I teach Law. Photography
for me is life- I was at times a musician, a photographer, anything I
could do to be connected to the arts. Art for me is life, as it is for
many of us on the list. The list, in turn, gives us a chance to
connect with others like us- It is a joy- vroger

http://leica-gallery.net/vroger/folder-6048.html