Subject: [Leica] More comments: how do you use your images
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Jul 11 04:32:39 2005

I've already made some comments, but here is a bit more: I began to
take images to prop up my poor memory: even as a child: not photos, no
memories ;-) When I moved to Melbourne at 13 I began to develop and
print in the darkroom -- all by trial and error, so there were lots of
errors ;-) At school, being the "cameraman" allowed me to get out of
doing sport -- can't do it and snap it ;-) Also meant I spent a lot of
time with the coaches and learnt a lot about sports: rowing etc. At
university it was just an ongoing "temptation" and then in the 80's I
began to "expand" my horizons.

I am now trying to build a "body of work" to burn when I die most
likely ;-) I print in the darkroom mainly on RC paper, but also do
Cibachrome and colour negs: after my last few trips, I discovered that
I could not keep up with all the printing, so I've decided to spend
most of my time on b/w. After I've finished FOM2, I will be starting
another exciting (for me ) project. More of that a lot later.

Mostly I print 10 x 8. But for the walls, I have settled on 12 x 16.

I need more time, but I have to fly, its getting late.

Cheers