Subject: [Leica] Re:More comments: how do you use your images
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Mon Jul 11 06:52:26 2005

>I am hoping to stimulate a bit more discussion on this topic: why do
>you take the images, what do you do with them, how big do you print,
>how do you print, why do you print etc

I think that this is a capital point. Why do we take pictures? Most of
people here for capturing some moments, decisive or not, of human beings.
Others for capturing beautiful landscapes. After 50 years of firing cameras
I am not, sincerely,sure of the motive. Nowadays I do not print my pictures
however my homes have a lot of them hung from the walls, and merely stack
them in the computer. I think that my pleasure just ends after firing and
that true moment of pleasure is just *seeing* the picture - for what you
don't even need a camera. and catching the testimony of something beauty by
itself or by the way I see and capture it. Composition is, for me, the main
rule as I have been from child a extreme admirer of good painters and there
are few relevant Museum in the world I've not visited once. Street pictures
is uninteresting for me as I find men are -including me- so similar over the
world that only a bunch of strange people arise my interest. I love the
harmony of the shapes and colours -I don't like black and white as however
it extracts the essence of things it simplifies too much things that are
much more complex.

So finally I take pictures as a way of capturing my own way of viewing the
world around me with the beauty it has or that I should wish it had.

Regards

Felix
"El que calla, otorga..."

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Re:More comments: how do you use your images)