Subject: [Leica] Re: Super Elmarit 15/2.8+Superia 1600
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Jul 13 06:28:19 2005

>Martin Krieger
>
>What else do I use: the 21mm Biogon on the Contax G2, the 38mm Biogon on
>the Hasselblad SWC/M.

I can, humbly, add my extensive experience with my

Canon EF 14mm f2.8
Canon EF 15mm f2.8
Nikkor AIS 15mm f3.5
Carl Zeiss Hologon 16mm f8
Voigtl?nder 12mm f5.6

Vignetting and very little distortion -excepting the fisheye- are common
features of all of them. They -all- have very good sharpness and need a
finder with reticular lines and bubble level for a good architectural
output. If I can give a personal opinion the Hologon itself  deserves
buying a Contax G body though very often needs too using a tripod and
-always- the special filter for correcting vignetting. At prices is now
offered in second hand market is a true bargain. Sun from sides of the
images -more than in front- produces ugly phantom images that cannot be
avoided with incorporated shades. In terms of absolute quality perhaps
the best over all is the Biogon of the Hasselblad SWC that I've often
used  as my only trip camera.

Regards

Felix
"El que calla, otorga..."