Subject: [Leica] A Leica story, with music
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Mon Jul 11 21:47:22 2005

I just had an email exchange with an old friend who reminded me of a great
Leica story, especially for those who enjoy classical music.  In 1968 when I
lived in Memphis, the great Romero family from Spain played a guitar concert
there.  My friend went to the concert and took his Leica along, shooting
from a balcony seat while the Romeros performed.  After the performance he
managed to get backstage to meet the artists.  When he shook hands with
Celin Romero, the guitarist noticed my friendâ??s Leica and said â??Oh, I
saw you shooting from the balcony.  Do you know you had your lens cap on?â??
 This attracted the attention of Angel Romero, who joined the conversation
and expressed his own interest in photography.  After a brief chat my friend
blurted out an invitation for Angel to come over to his apartment (more like
a hippie pad) for a drink.  Angel said he was supposed to go to a social
function, but he thought he could get out of it, and accepted my friendâ??s
invitation.  The outcome was that Angel went home with my friend and spent
several hours there talking and drinking wine.  Eventually he picked up my
friendâ??s guitar and started playing Rodrigoâ??s Concierto de Aranjuez,
which he had just recorded, humming the orchestra part.  Unfortunately, I
didnâ??t witness any of this but I heard plenty about it the next day!

My friend has promised to send pictures from both the concert and the visit.
 I guess at some point he took his lens cap off!