Subject: [Leica] Bill Pierce on the Leica today
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Tue Jul 12 13:02:28 2005

On 12 de jul de 2005, at 21:38, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Then I fired it, and fired
> the E-1 DSLR - and once again, just as my MIT class did, this class
> pointed
> out that the E-1 makes less noise than the M. I myself am not
> convinced it's
> quieter; I am convinced it is no louder.

I think that the quietness of the M shutter is much more a myth than a
reality unless it's compared with an old pro reflex workhorse. Today,
and when the M was launched, many cameras are quieter.
I love the E-1, but I find it quite big to shoot "in the background" in
some places, grabs too much attention, and lenses aren't small either.
I can't count to sneak among people with a gun like that, specially
with the portrait lens.

Anyway it's just me, and /me does not like so much the digital b&w, for
colour work digital is ok.

> But it is possible to do the same kind of shooting with a DSLR.

technically yes, in the real world, talking from experience, an E-1 (or
similar) will be a bit mean for many people, in the other hand, a image
lost is just that, don't matter the camera :)

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Bill Pierce on the Leica today)