Subject: [Leica] Bill Pierce on the Leica today
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jul 12 12:39:16 2005

If you like film, shoot film. And certainly what he says about huge files
from scanned negs and the ability to blow them up to hell and gone is true.
But this business of needing a tiny camera to do stealth shooting is utter
nonsense.

And, btw, I made a point of showing my MPW class an M6, and talked about
it's reputation for unobtrusiveness and quiet. Then I fired it, and fired
the E-1 DSLR - and once again, just as my MIT class did, this class pointed
out that the E-1 makes less noise than the M. I myself am not convinced it's
quieter; I am convinced it is no louder.

So if the bottom line is that you like film better, that film will give you
what you crave and digital won't, or that you can personally get better
results with an M or a film P&S - go for it. But it is possible to do the
same kind of shooting with a DSLR.