Subject: [Leica] Re: Why Do I Take Pictures, etc.
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 17 08:00:45 2005

In a message dated 7/13/2005 11:01:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au writes:
I'm sure visitors from Asia wonder if anyone lives here at all. I
expected Europe to be the same. I was right: most of the people images are
of people just walking to another indoor appointment. Little if anything
(other than street theatre and tourism) happens on the streets. So what
would I take

Alastair

I have to disagree, My experience in Germany and Poland this past December,
was that most people walk all over the place.  The car is used for long
trips,
and only when the train did not go there, or to get to the train.  Yes,
there
are a lot of cars, but most of the travelling in the cities seems to be by
foot.  In Krakow and Zakopane, Poland, we hardly ever saw a car on the road,
compared to the people on foot.  Heck, I lost 20 pounds walking on the trip
and I
ate everything in sight.  ;-)

gene