Subject: [Leica] RE:Battery Options, 1.35 vs 1.5 volts
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Tue Jul 19 10:56:13 2005

To elaborate on Doug's response, if you have 400 ISO film, set the
shutter speed to the closest corresponding speed (in this case, since
there is no 1/400th, 1/500th will do).  Brilliant sunshine on a
cloudless day will give you proper exposure with an aperture of f16.
If is is slightly hazy, the aperture should be f11.  If there is some
cloud cover, aperture is f8.  Totally cloudy gives you an aperture of
f5.6, and so on as things get progressively darker.  With colour print
film, you will be in the ballpark every time.  With slides, you will
be in the ballpark more often that not, but soon will get the hang of
adjusting your exposure depending on how light or darkly coloured your
subject is.  I find that shooting with the sunny 16 rule really helps
train you to be more sensitive to the light.  My experience shooting
that way has been valuable.

Mark