Subject: [Leica] My new pocket camera
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Thu Jul 21 06:44:31 2005

Richard,

I've had or have lots of really compact 35mm cameras as I like the
fact that I can have a camera with me all the time.  The lens on the
Oly XA is nice, but not only lacks the punch of a Summicron, it also
tends to vignette somewhat under certain conditions.  I've found the
28mm f3.5 lens on the Olympus XA-4 is better.  Best of the bunch are
the Minotar lens on a Minox, which has more contrast and sharpness
than the Zuiko lenses, and the even better 40mm f3.5 on the Rollei 35
S or SE. The Sonnar on this is right up there with the Summicron,
IMHO.  I think that the Minox gets the prize for ultimate compactness
(at least without the flash) but is not as reliable as some of its
competitors.  You might also want to look at the Chinon Bellami, which
combines some of the features of the Minox and the Olympus.

Mark

 Last week, I

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] My new pocket camera)