Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Thu Jul 21 05:50:38 2005

Hi Tina,

I'm sorry for all your woes...it sounds miserable.

I was getting ready to suggest something similar to what Gib said: a student
who's into this stuff.  Unfortunately it's a bit hit or miss to find one,
but
if you could track down a high school or college kid who has taken apart and
reassembled computers, you might be in business.

My lab is very tech-heavy...almost everyone writes their own software,
builds
there own electronic devices, etc, etc.  We also have a local computer/tech
company on retainer/contract to come fix our computers when we don't have
time
to do it ourselves.  And we ALSO have a local high school kid who we give
our
computers to when they are really messed up.  He deals with the big
problems!
(Part of the reason for this is that he's much cheaper for problems that
take a
long time to solve, part of is that he's a smart kid who knows what he's
doing.)  If there's someone like that near you, s/he'd probably be very
happy
to find a client like you who needs help.

Good luck,
Aaron