Subject: [Leica] My PAW Wk29
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri Jul 22 09:10:29 2005

True about the granularity: 2 reasons
1) the scan (lowres that they make when I have my negs developed: a cheap,
easy an fast way to see if there's anything worthwhile on a strip of film.
Replacing contacts so to say.)
2) bad automated downsizing in Jalbum (freeware), that seems to enhance it
even more.

I scan and rework the preferred shots afterwards myself, but that sometimes
takes weeks before I put myself to it.

My basic initial routine is to look through the lowres, select the ones I
like, edit them quickly in PS, put them on the web for PAW or so, and have a
2nd look at them later on or when friends ask prints. Then I scan them as
should, and put some time and effort in the whole process of getting a good
print.

---