Subject: [Leica] My PAW Wk29
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Jul 22 22:15:38 2005

Hi Philippe,

The picture itself is nice but I too was troubled by the quality issues
mentioned.

I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not paying a bit more
attention to the quality of the stuff you put up on the web. After all,
many more people are likely to see those images than the prints you
eventually make. I realise that you are working under time constraints,
so am I (this is one reason digital is great for me, having eliminated
the scanning step), but even when I was shooting film, I only put up my
own scans, after they were properly edited in PS and saved as JPEGs with
the resizing determined by me and not software (I do not use PS's "save
for web" feature, preferring to set the parameters manually).

Yes, it is a bit more work, but I want to present my work in the best
possible light (pun intended). Your image of the hand holding the glass
and its shadow is interesting and well executed, but it is let down by
the apparent oversharpening and other artifacts.

Nathan