Subject: [Leica] Kodak's Handwriting on the Wall
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sat Jul 23 05:29:04 2005

When your employer starts talking about layoffs, when you get a hint
your employer is sinking, it is high time to polish the resume and
start sending it out.

Not to do so will leave you in a terrible position should your job be
terminated in an effort to save the company or if the company outright
folds.

All talk of loyalty is jibberish, especially when a godless corporation
is involved.

I like and use some of Kodak's products, but  I need to have
alternatives ready for when and if Kodak pulls the plug on the products
I use.

Kodak did this to me even before the recent announcement that it will
cease B&W paper production. Without notice, they stopped production of
the special paper for hand-coloring. It's gone. Dropped. Instead I use
Ilford fiber matt, a good paper for that, but more time consuming to
print than Kodak's RC, which I found printed extremely well.

I hope Kodak will continue to produce the other product I use, but I
can't assume they will. Hence, I will find alternative developers for
my Jobo. And I will widen my B&W film palette.

Top of the day to all of you--Doug Nygren

Replies: Reply from rhaightjr at yahoo.com (Bob Haight) ([Leica] Kodak's Handwriting on the Wall)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Kodak's Handwriting on the Wall)