Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Sat Jul 23 07:37:00 2005

Hi Ken,

Your parishioners are sharp! The likely hood of it being the IDE controller
(chip) is very high. I friend has seen many many of these problems and
Tina's symptoms fit. I had forgotten his rants and tales of woe.

Problem is, with Dell, the IDE controller is on the motherboard. The IDE
'chip' will be soldered to the motherboard, not a field repair option.

Well not too big a problem. If in warranty or service contract they can
replace the motherboard. Otherwise a less expensive option would be a plug
in controller.

Tina, good luck and make sure the  tech checks this out.

Dennis

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Computer help!!!)