Subject: [Leica] OT-travel question NE US
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Mon Jul 25 06:04:57 2005

>I am making travel plans (driving) to bring my daughter back from
>Nova Scotia.  I need some travel advise about driving times from
>St.Johns, NB to Scranton, PA.   Is this a possible one day drive on
>a Thursday or will we be slowed down by rush-hour traffic.
>
>Our planned route is I-95 to I-84 to Scranton PA.

I don't know what time you're passing through NYC, but daytime
traffic around NYC can be very unreliable. Instead of taking 95
straight through  Harlem and going over the George Washington Bridge,
it's often faster to take 87 to 287 and go over the Tappan Zee Bridge
north of New York. You avoid the Manhattan traffic jams.

Since you don't have EZ Pass (the new electronic toll pass system),
this is even more important since cash toll lanes tend to back up in
the NYC area.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura