Subject: [Leica] M2 Early vs Late
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (John O. Newell)
Date: Mon Jul 25 14:38:35 2005

I've been looking at M2 bodies lately and am currently looking closely at
two that are in very nice shape.  One is a late 1.1MM body, the other and
early button rewind body (939xxx).  The early one has had a CLA within the
past five years or so and is priced $200 or more below the 1.1MM body.

Other than the button rewind and absence of the self-timer, are there
reasons to favor the late body?  I'm wondering what kind of internal
improvements were made during later M2 production, and whether they'd make
the late bodies more attractive -- other than just because the market favors
late M3 and M2 bodies.

Any input gratefully received
John Newell