Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Jul 26 19:43:34 2005

I know this sounds pretty undocumented, but I would bet it is not he
physical drive that is bad.  I would bet on a SW ( OS)  or Bios
problem......  The symptoms are not consistent with what happens when a
drive goes belly up.  And 4 drives of the same type are a direct indicator
of some form of Bios problem

The real problem is that most techs are not astute enough to figure out he
right solution, so they sell you another drive and go merrily on their
way.....it works for a while, then they sell you another.. etc.....

Tina... ask Dell about the Bios and whether it is compatible with the drives
you purchased......

About the burn in issue... almost all drives get a 24 hour Burn in....
usually by demand of the buyer.  Dell used to brag that all their PC's get a
B/I before shipping.... 24 hours.....

No one asked, but does your computer have a long term warranty still in
effect?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

At this point in time, it really sounds like to me that you have a
lemon PC. Regardless how much Dell claimed to test (or not) it before
it leaves the factory or the Geeksquad's poking around, I would be
very surprised if they did that much burning in for a non-server
component.

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] Computer help!!!)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Computer help!!!)