Subject: [Leica] RD-1 - Make Lemonade
From: benjaminmarks at verizon.net (Ben Marks)
Date: Thu Jul 28 06:14:50 2005

Sigh.  Would all Leica M and SM users making digital images without film
using their M and SM lenses raise their hands? Thank you.  Now, how many of
you are using a . . . wait, there is only _one_ current digital camera that
will take those lenses.

I understand that the comment below is hyperbole intended to illustrate the
QC problems that ESPON has had with this camera.  And I did indeed return
the first one that I had.  But I have made many satisfying images with its
replacement.  If Leica had made and marketed a digital camera to take
advantage of their great glass, I'd be using it. They haven't; but I am glad
to have the tool I've got.

If the QC problems spook you, don't buy one.  If you want to take
direct-to-digital images with your M- and SM-mount glass, jump right in, the
water's fine.

Ben Marks

Replies: Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] RD-1 - Make Lemonade)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] RD-1 - Make Lemonade)