Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIF ?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jul 28 06:16:15 2005

Bill,
The IIIF model is fairly easy to use: standard bottom loading and
split shutter speed dials.  I would not worry too much whether you
were buying a red dial or a black dial, the differences were primarily
to how the flash synch worked and I believe full ball bearing races in
the shutter.

I would also look at a IIIC depending on price.

However, if the Canon's are available then consider the V series or
the 7's.  A little chunkier than the Leica's but much easier to load,
easier to advance the film, and possibly less expensive.

If you happen on a Nicca or Tower at a good price they are also very
good users.  I just depends on the collector market and how much you
care if the camera you buy has a lot of marks on it.

I have IIIC, and both the red dial and black dial versions.  I tend to
shoot with either the black dial or a Canon IVSB which is a pretty
fair knock off of a IIIF.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com