Subject: [Leica] Re: R-D1 Make Lemonade
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Thu Jul 28 12:50:35 2005

I guess to be fair, I should have added to my earlier post that I bought a
Konica Minolta 7D specifically because I have a bagfull of Minolta optics
that will fit it.

So the analogy holds for those of us who have Leica optics.  But only so
far; my 7D didn't doesn't cost $3,000, it can be had now for only a bit
more than a thousand (USD).  The 7D isn't plagued by the sort of QC
problems that I have read about the RD-1.  And something that people
sometimes don't mention; the RD-1 has a short rangefinder base that
precludes use of long focal length lenses.  Even the 90 is problematic,
from what I have heard.

To be honest, if I had the money, I would have bought 6 of them, and hoped
that at least one worked well.  And I would have had a lot of fun with it.
But for some of us 3 grand is a lot of money, and good digital cameras with
a lens or two can be had for much less.

-dan c.

Message from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Re: R-D1 Make Lemonade)