Subject: [Leica] Ted Grant--Photographing the "Shadow Side"
From: brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly)
Date: Sun Jul 31 11:00:16 2005

"rembrandt lighting" is what i've always called this technique that
we on the LUG are calling "shadow side."  the term "shadow side" has
puzzled me for a while because i was understanding it as "dark side,"
which is, of course, not the same.  now that i realize it's the same
as rembrandt lighting, which i think i learned in art history class,
it makes perfect sense.

--brad

--
brad daly
brad@bradbrad.com

What Would Bill Hicks Say?

All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth.
     --Richard Avedon

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Ted Grant--Photographing the "Shadow Side")
Message from langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer) ([Leica] Ted Grant--Photographing the "Shadow Side")