Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Jul 31 14:00:17 2005

***by many people.  The purpose of this project is to document a
Muslim wedding ceremony.  I'm working on a documentary project called
"Children of Abraham".  Several photographers are spending time with
Jewish, Christian, and Muslim families and photographing different
religious observances to show how the religions are similar and
different.  I'm sure these are not the photos that will be included
in the exhibit.  There will be others that will show the actual
ceremonies.  I took 1756 photos during the 3 days so there are lots
more to choose from. (Thank goodness I won't have to do the
selecting!)  I just felt so sorry for Safoorah after last night that
I wanted to show those photos to somebody and who better than the LUG!

> Tina

the photos are lovely and they exude a particular form of
melancholy...yours or the participants?

A couple of thoughts/questions...

why will the final images be viewed in bw only ?

Maybe it's the custom to look sad at this type of wedding....  ??

How do they look at funerals...  ?

I can't imagine that 800 people were invited to see this...Steve

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Piercings and Tatoos)
Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Piercings and Tatoos)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Piercings and Tatoos)