Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jul 31 14:37:34 2005

At 05:00 PM 7/31/2005, you wrote:

>why will the final images be viewed in bw only ?

This project has grants from several museums and community
organizations and the director's proposal stated that the photography
would all be digital but would be presented as black and white prints.

>Maybe it's the custom to look sad at this type of wedding....  ??

Yes, it is.  I told Safoorah before the wedding that all of the
photos I had of her were so sad looking and she told me that she was
supposed to look sad and keep her eyes downcast.  She had been
criticized by her aunts for not looking modest enough.  I expected
her to look sad throughout the ceremony but I didn't expect the
crying and sobbing.

>How do they look at funerals...  ?

I haven't photographed one yet, but if a Muslim dies in Charlotte in
the next 8 months, I'll be there.

>I can't imagine that 800 people were invited to see this...Steve

And all of the younger people had digital cameras and wanted photos
of everything that happened.  It was a challenge to photograph
anything without other cameras and hands in the scene!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Piercings and Tatoos)
Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Piercings and Tatoos)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Piercings and Tatoos)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Piercings and Tatoos)